Friday, May 28, 2010

Happy Birthday, Emmy

Today is the birthday of my dear friend, Emmy, otherwise known as Miss Catholic Nerd Writer (read her blog, it's amazing). My tea-drinking, Janeite, soccer-loving, novel-writing sister.

I met her about two years ago on a little website called Maidens of Modesty, which is sadly inactive now. We "adopted" each other as sisters. Emmy is one of the most incredible girls I know. She has an inspiring faith (she probably wouldn't agree, but it has inspired me many times!). She's humble... but she's also got spunk. She's a kindred spirit, owns more BBC miniseries than I do, and has lent me awesome books. When we met up in January to wreak havoc on a bookstore, Emmy further proved to me that she is 100% awesome: she hugged the Jane Austen shelf and hid a book about Martin Luther without shame or thought for what people might think. She gives me good advice and warns me what not to read or watch, just as a big sister should. :) Because even though we're not really related, she IS my big sister. Being the oldest in a family of five kids, it means a lot to me to have an older Catholic girl in my life so I can be the little sister once in a while.

Happy birthday, Emmy. You're the best big sister. :) I love you so much!

I wanted to give you Henry Tilney, but he wouldn't agree to being gift-wrapped.

1 comment:

  1. *tears* Thank you so much! And thank you for being the best little sister a girl could ask for. I will see you again soon. :D

    ReplyDelete