Thursday, July 29, 2010

Catch-up post

Sound of Music is over. For a while I couldn't blog about it because it made me far too sad. Oh, who am I kidding, it still makes me sad to think of it being over. :) But then I just forgot. Anyhow, it was an incredible experience! I had an amazing time and I will never forget it. It really is hard to leave it behind, though. That character became such a part of me... and I miss all my Von Trapps so much. I miss all of the cast, but especially those Von Trapps. :)

Taming of the Shrew is also over. I was a little less sad to see that one end. It was a lot of fun, and as my first real Shakespearean part (not counting servants, messengers, etc. which I have played in the past) it was a great experience. But after 8 shows, I was done. I do rather miss my costumes, though. I only had three, but they were all gorgeous.

In other news, I have had plenty of time to read this month. Currently, I'm reading Sense & Sensibility... for the second time in one year! I rarely read books twice in one year. But I make special exceptions for comfort literature, school, and really short/easy books. Jane is comfort literature. :) I might take it into my head to do a S&S-themed blog post... oh, heavens, I didn't mean for this to turn into a Jane Austen blog! Though on that note...

Take a look at this Guide to Avoid Gossip - Jane Austen Style. I was particularly tickled by "If you’re male, be poor." It reminds me of that little poem:

"Oh if you’re a bird, be an early bird
And catch the worm for your breakfast plate.
If you’re a bird, be an early early bird
But if you’re a worm, sleep late."
--- Shel Silverstein

And of course that gave me a lovely image of Mr. Bingley as a poor, unsuspecting worm, with Mrs. Bennet as the ruthless early bird, trying to catch him and bring him home to feed to her children. Mwahahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment